For Fellow Defense Attorney Members
- Provide resources to defense attorney members (e.g., newsletters, potential brief bank)
- Establish a platform for debate on best practices or current topics
- Coordinate outreach to offer training to military defense offices / conferences
- Field questions from the attorney members on current cases
- Develop CLE curriculum including current case wrap-ups for an annual conference that the organization hosts.
Contribute to the Cause
International Association of Military Defense Lawyers
For Service Members Facing Potential Adverse Action (Administrative or Criminal, UCMJ)
- Provide Centralized Contact Information on military defense offices in all branches at all offices through coordinating with defense offices;
- Provide Information on civilian defense attorney members through a Lawyer Locator feature
- Provide content / resources to service members and their families to educate themselves on UCMJ investigations, CMs, etc. Transparency of process breeds better representation
- Provide transparency to service members with ethics complaints against attorneys by providing centralized place for content on how complaints can be lodged, the process for lodging a complaint (e.g., AR 27-1 investigations / SOCO, state bar complaints, etc.)
- Provide a mechanism for questions / consultations for service members and / or their loved ones dealing with the stress of a potential allegation and / or pending investigation
Request a Consultation
Consultations are for service members or loved ones to inquire about resources for their military legal defense.
The mission of the International Association of Military Defense Lawyers is to “raise the bar” of military justice practice – by empowering its practitioners towards learned, purposeful, zealous, and ethical representation of service members, to guarantee for each clients those rights demanded by the U.S. Constitution and guaranteed them by their military status and – by educating the public and legal professionals at large to the role of these rights and their necessities in a free society.